- Teach a standards-based curriculum, following California’s Common Core Standards.
- Design a curriculum based on both California’s Common core Standards, and the school’s curricular scope and sequence.
- Provide quality instruction by using effective lesson plan development and strategies.
- Supports Special Education students by designing and implementing effective individual action plans.
- Meet the diverse needs of students in the classroom by providing an appropriate learning environment.
- Design and implement students’ periodic formative and summative assessments.
- Establish effective classroom management, safety procedures, and behavior expectations.
- Work creatively, cooperatively, and establish positive relationships with both colleagues and guardians of students.
- Adhere to the school’s internal rules and regulations.
- Participate in school’s professional development activities.
- Attends administrative meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the building administration or department head which may include, but are not limited to the following: monitor hallways, monitor assemblies, and conduct parent teacher conferences.
- Design and implement extracurricular activities and manage student clubs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills in English language.
- Skill in standards-based instruction and assessment.
- Skill in the use of technology to enhance instruction and communication.
- High level of experience in using WEB search and scientific research tools.
- High level of experience in using MS Office suite (Excel. PowerPoint, and Word).
- Experience in using Google’s office suite (DOC, Spreadsheets, Forms)
- Experience in using Student-Teacher communication tools such as: MS Teams, Zoom, and Google classroom.
- Ability to work as a contributing member of effective teaching teams.
- Ability to maintain effective professional relationships with staff, students, and parents.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Skill, dedication and aptitude for working with students.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people with a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain student confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain regular and acceptable attendance levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physics or a related subject.
- Fluency in English Language.
- A certificate in a teaching diploma or equivalent, or a minimum of two years of teaching experience.
- Legal residency in Istanbul-Turkey.
- Teaching experience in international schools.
- Teaching experience in a standards-based curriculum.
- Recent successful classroom experience in a school setting.
- Ability to coach and/or direct activities.